Wednesday, August 31, 2011

Showered with Blessings

Several people have told us how blessed Jimmy is/will be to be coming into our family.  However, we are the ones being blessed.  Not only by having Jimmy in our family but also by those who give us encouragement through this journey.  God has provided us with so many examples of selfless, generous acts.  I want to share a story of one of these blessings.  This is an email I received from Rob's sister, Laura, on Saturday.  Avynn is ten years old and Brayden is six. 

I wanted to tell you guys about the car wash my kids put on this morning. Avynn had two girls sleep over, I was on a long bike ride so I didn't see any of it. They made a sign for $1.75 car wash with free lemonade to benefit Jimmy's adoption fund. They had his picture out to show people and Brayden stood up on Rick's truck waving the sign while Avynn and the girls yelled. Unfortunately they had only one customer which was the mom of the girls who came to pick them up. As soon as I got back from my ride, Brayden delivered me the $2 they earned. Is that the sweetest thing? We're all falling in love with him before he even gets here:) I told them I'd add it to the triathlon money that's going toward Jimmy's adoption.

What an act of love!  We are so blessed and encouraged by everyone's generosity and support.

No comments:

Post a Comment