Friday, August 19, 2011

Waiting to be a servant.

So it has been a while since I have updated. However there is not much to update. We are still waiting for our dossier to go into IBESR in Haiti. It is extremely difficult to want something to happen so badly and all you can do is wait. It is definitely a test of our patience and a lesson of how little we are in control. Although we believe with all our hearts that God's timing is perfect, our little human hearts are aching for this process to go faster.

My mom's friend, Mary Jane passed away this week. She was eighty-seven years old and a true example of a faithful servant. After her husband passed away several years ago, she decided that when she was sad and missing him she would do something for someone. To follow her example and honor her memory, whenever I feel sad or down about this process I will do for others. Mary Jane was very excited about Jimmy joining our family and was very supportive of us. She remained prayerful that he would be home soon even in her last days. I saw Mary Jane less than two weeks ago. She told me how much she was looking forward to meeting Jimmy. I am sad Jimmy will never meet Mary Jane. However I hope I can be an example of faith and servanthood for him because of her. Please pray for Mary Jane's family during their time of grief and rejoice for Mary Jane because she is truly HOME.

No comments:

Post a Comment