Monday, January 16, 2012

Rethinking

1 Corinthians 10:31

 31 So whether you eat or drink or whatever you do, do it all for the glory of God.

1 Thessalonians 5:16-18
 16 Rejoice always, 17 pray continually, 18 give thanks in all circumstances; for this is God’s will for you in Christ Jesus.


Since my last post, I have been thinking about what I wrote and how I was feeling.  God really put it on my heart to reevaluate my outlook.  These two verses kept coming to the front of my mind.  Was I really behaving in a way that was glorifying God?  Maybe.  Was I rejoicing and giving thanks?  Maybe.  Does God want me to maybe do what he wants?  No!  He wants me to do life and the adoption journey His way.  So, I have committed that  I am going to rejoice, pray continually, give thanks in all circumstances, and do all of it for the glory of God.  I am still human and will faultier.  Even in the times of disappointment and distraction, I know that God's will is better than mine. 

For an update:
We continue to pray for our dossier to be approved by IBESR.  It has been in the IBESR for 4 months and 8 days. If you remember the timeline says 4-6 months.  Please join us in our prayers that God will allow us to move on to parquet. 
We are thankful for the internet.  I know we all can't imagine what life would be like to be disconnected.  It is so great to be able to skype and message through facebook with Jimmy and his friends. 
We give God the glory for bringing us to this point.  Although we have felt sadness and stress, it has been nothing we can't handle.  I know God's hand has been on us throughout.  Never in a million years would I have believed ten years ago that we would be on this journey today.  I am so amazed and thankful to have a God who loves me enough to push me until I am out of my comfort zone and into his. 
We are rejoicing that God is providing another opportunity for Rob to travel to Haiti and serve the people there.  He leaves on February 2 and will return on the 6th.  He will be blessed to serve alongside good friends and our son.  I cannot think of a better way to bond than through service.


We still have 28 quilt blocks to sell in our fundraising quilt.  Only $25 dollars per square.  Paypal, personal check, or cash.  Let's get this quilt finished! We can't do it without you.

No comments:

Post a Comment