Sunday, March 18, 2012

Mission Sunday

Today our church had Mission Emphasis Sunday.  Along with songs and sermon about missions, we also had scripture readings in several languages.  Scripture about spreading the Word were read in Chickasaw, Spanish, French, Japanese, and Haitian Creole.  Then the congregation read them together in English.  Jimmy agreed to read a scripture and Hunter and Jillian videoed it so we could share it in worship today.  Of course, I am partial to the sound of my child's voice, but all of the readings were beautiful.  I am struck often by the eloquence of scripture but audibly hearing the words spoken in another language was moving.  When Jimmy read, I was moved to tears. 
Up until October 2010, my experience with mission work was small.  I went on a couple of trips in college; and Rob, Rylan, and I went to Japan in 2002 with Let's Start Talking.  However, I don't think my heart had been truly broken for the lost.  When we traveled to Haiti, God broke my heart.  And I will never be the same.  My perspective changed.  I think it changed from the perspective of me, my, and mine to God, His and God's.  I pray my heart will never heal and I will continue to seek His purpose, spread His word, and show His love to His people.

Here is our sweet boy reading.


And here is a video that says it all perfectly.

No comments:

Post a Comment