Saturday, May 26, 2012

Sigh

I have been missing Jimmy so much lately.  We have not heard from him in almost two weeks now.  We messaged with his friend and asked him why he is not messaging us anymore.  He said Jimmy is afraid he will lose his phone.  I know you all do not know the situation but I don't think it is necessary to repeat.  Basically, we are stuck thousands of miles away from Jimmy.  He is acting out at the orphanage and we have no input or control over the situation. 

I was going to write "all we can do is rely on God to take care of it"; but just as I was thinking that, I knew that that is all we can ever do about anything.  We have no control over anything.  Guess who just got another lesson from God about giving it all to Him.  This adoption road is lined with lessons from God and growth toward Him.

Anyway, back to Jimmy.  I am asking that you pray for Jimmy and the administrators at the orphanage.  Pray that God will touch all of them and guide them into a situation of peace and understanding.  Please pray for us that my anxiety about the situation can be eased and I can focus on what God wants me doing.  Also, continue to pray for the adoption process to be OVER!  We want our son home.  We want to be dealing with the teenage attitude and drama right here in our home, where we can be guiding him and with God's help sculpting him into the man he is supposed to be, where we can love him through whatever comes.  I know the journey is not over once he comes home but we are ready to start that leg of the trip.

No comments:

Post a Comment