Thursday, December 13, 2012

Golden Ticket

My favorite movie is Willy Wonka and the Chocolate Factory.  I have watched it too many times to count.  There is a scene where Charlie goes to see his mom at her night job at the laundry.  He tells her that the fourth golden ticket has been found.  Her reply is something like oh that's interesting. He wonders who will find the last one and says, "in case you're wondering, it won't be me.  Just in case you're wondering."  His mother goes on to say something about millions of people in the world and only five tickets.  Well, I feel like Charlie this week.  "in case you're wondering, it isn't us."  Three families adopting from Jimmy's orphanage have gotten I600 approval (the golden ticket) and are just waiting for their visa appointments to come home.  It is very likely that their children will be home for Christmas.  Two of the boys will even be coming home to Ada.  Although I am joyful for these families, it is very difficult to know that their boys are home while my child is still waiting and wondering when his homecoming will be.  Knowing that Jimmy will spend another Christmas, another birthday, another new year somewhere else is almost unbearable.

I know I am not alone.  I know at least two families feeling the exact same way.  I know I have friends and family who's hearts will break because mine is broken.  This provides some comfort, but I ask that you pray for the great Comforter to give us some peace and understanding. 

No comments:

Post a Comment