Saturday, February 9, 2013

Happy Waiting Anniversary

We announced our intentions to adopt Jimmy two years ago today.  Since then I have posted 99 times.  99 posts about waiting, documents, court dates, waiting, travel, celebration, waiting, passports, medical exams, waiting, interviews, disappointments, and WAITING.  As our journey nears its end, I am thankful for every joyful, heartbreaking, faith-building moment.  I have grown as a mother, a wife, and as God's child. I know God has been able to use us to help others grow as well.  Although I never fully understood what an undertaking it would be when we began, I am so grateful for the journey.  I also look forward to the adventure when Jimmy comes home.

Update:  Jimmy went for his medical exam on Wednesday.  There were some difficulties like forgetting the tb test results in Cap, C4C forgetting the passports, and missing the first appointment; but God worked it all out.  He and Rishard were able to fly to PaP with the CHCH nanny, Marjorie, and back all in the same day. 
               I spoke with USCIS yesterday. They said that our file is still in review and that because we had to get the death certificate extract it was taking longer to verify that.  The lady I spoke with asked me to call back next Friday and she hoped to have good news.  The offices will be closed Monday-Wednesday for Karnaval (Mardi Gras).  So we shall see.
                Jimmy is on a youth retreat this week.  Every year at Karnaval time, the area churches send their teenagers to a youth retreat so they will not be part of all the non-Christian activities going on.  I am thankful Jimmy has the opportunity to go and hope it is a distraction from his waiting. 

We want to extend our most heartfelt thanks to those who helped us financially this week.  We are still overwhelmed by the generosity of others.  We are able to pay for all the expenses and do not foresee the need for another fundraiser.  Hallelujah!!! 

I will end with a couple of pics of our boy and ask that you continue to pray for our family.


Jimmy, October 2010 when we first met him.

Jimmy, January 2013

No comments:

Post a Comment