Friday, February 1, 2013

Waiting For Your Approval

After looking at the blog, I realized I have not kept you very informed lately.  I will try to catch you up.  We obtained the abstract for Jimmy's birth mother's death certificate within two days, such a blessing.  All of our documents were then submitted to USCIS for our I-600 approval on Tuesday, January 15.  I called a couple of days ago and was told our file is in review.  So as usual we will wait.

Jimmy will need a medical exam to get his visa.  His was able to get his TB test done in Cap Haitien this week.  He tested negative, thankfully.  He will now travel to Port au Prince on Monday to see the Embassy approved doctor to have the rest of his exam and tests.  He will also receive all his vaccinations.  This is all required for US entry.  Please say a prayer for him.  It will be a long day, and he will be exhausted physically and mentally.  I hate not being there with him.  I know he is 15 but his mom would like to hold his hand and comfort him a little. 

Once we receive word that we have I-600 approval there are two more steps.  We will be given a visa appointment date.  Chances for Children will represent us at the appointment.  He will receive his visa then but we must obtain an exit letter from IBESR (Haitian adoption dept.).  The letter is required to leave the country.  It will take up to five days after the visa appointment to get the letter.  Once we have the letter, Jimmy can come home.

One last thing, we I hate talking about but I guess it is part of it.  Several people have also asked so I will inform you of where we stand on funds.  We thought we had everything covered and would not need any more.  However, the cost of his medical exam and the cost of travel has put us in need of more money.  We are praying for God's guidance and provision in this area.

Prayer Requests: 
~Patience 
~Jimmy's medical exam
~Funding

Again, we appreciate your support and prayers.  We can't wait for Jimmy to meet all of you who have prayed for him over the past two years.

No comments:

Post a Comment