Tuesday, May 14, 2013

HALLELUJAH!!

Writing about last week now, I have perspective; but had I written last week, I would have written about it differently.  Last Monday, May 6, we received an email from USCIS.  They wanted us to have the death certificate verified in archives.  I was disgusted.  How could they ask us to do one more thing.  It was ridiculous.  After a brave phone call, I realized yet again I am not in control.  So, we talked to our lawyer and he set to work at getting it verified.  Unfortunately, he was extremely busy and could not get to it right away; fortunately, he had an associate who could take it to archives quickly.  We of course had to pay him for his time.  $150, well spent.  He was able to get it verified and resubmitted to USCIS on Friday.  So then once again we waited.

Rob was certain we would get an email from USCIS on Monday.  Monday came and went no email.  However, this morning at 7:33 my phone went "ding-ding" to let me know I had an email.  I checked it as I always do when we are waiting for an answer from USCIS.  There it was.  Some of the most beautiful words I have ever read.
 
Dear Mr. and Mrs. Schlup,
USCIS in Port au Prince, Haiti is pleased to inform you that the I-600 petition, which you filed at this office on July 23, 2012 on behalf of Jimmy Charles, seeking to qualify him as your immediate relative has been approved. Your case has been transferred to the Adoption Unit of the Consular Section for the visa process. This completes all action by USCIS on the referenced petition. The Consular Section will soon contact you to follow-up on your case.
 
HALLELUJAH!!!!!
 
I began to sing a song.  "We got approval.  We got approval."  Kids heard right away and I went to tell Rob.  We were all so thrilled and relieved.  I messaged Jimmy, called my mom, texted friends, and of course notified the facebook world.  It was a good day.  Now we will wait for them to contact us with his visa appointment date.  Hopefully, we will hear tomorrow.  Then, we can begin to make arrangements for Rob to fly down.
 
We rejoice for this journey is coming to an end.  We rejoice for our journey as a united family will begin.
 
My mom posted this on my facebook wall today and I think it is fitting.
Commit to The Lord whatever you do and yours plans will succeed. Proverbs 16:3
 

No comments:

Post a Comment