Tuesday, July 10, 2012

I-600 appointment

Call the US Embassy this morning.  It has been two weeks since we requested our appointment to file the I-600.  Just FYI, the I-600 is the petition to make an orphan your immediate relative.  It is on the US side of the adoption.  It must be approved before we can bring him home. 

Well, I called this morning expecting to place numerous calls throughout the day and hoping to get through.  God however knew I needed to get through this morning.  The first call placed was successful.  I was able to get an appointment for us and the Hoover family.  July 25 at 7:00 am.  Our agency will now coordinate our court date with our lawyer.  Cindy Hoover and I will be traveling to Port au Prince that week.  I am excited, scared, nervous, exhilarated, and so many other things.

Prayer requests: 
*Travel plans:  all our flights, hotel stays, etc will be able to be coordinated easily at a reasonable price
*Appointments:  our appointments in Haiti will be easily coordinated and go smoothly
*Finances:  we will have enough money to cover the trip and expenses that we will incur. 

No comments:

Post a Comment