Thursday, July 19, 2012

Paperwork, Packing, Passport Photos, and 1 Pitiful Little Girl

I have been pretty stressed about getting all the PAPERWORK done for my trip.  Forms, copies of the forms, blank ones,filled ones, notaries, translations...it all gets to be a little much.  I am happy to say that the paperwork is ready to go, I think.  I will send it to our agency tomorrow for them to look over, but I am pretty sure what I need I have.  I am so relieved and getting excited.  But before I can get too excited, I must start PACKING.  I really should have this down by now.  It is easier than the first time I traveled to Haiti because I know a little more of what to expect.  However, there is always an element of the unknown when you go and you want to be prepared.  I am sure I will be ready to go, prepared or not.

One of the things we had to get for our I-600 appointment was a PASSPORT PHOTO of Jimmy.  Jillian was nice enough to take Jimmy and Rishard downtown to get one taken.  We received a scanned copy of the photo tonight.  My first reaction..."Where did that young man come from?"  Oh my he looks so grown up.  I am really loving the jacket the photo place put on him. 


Last but not least in this post, 1 PITIFUL little girl.  Kyndal is very sad that I am leaving.  She and Rylan will be going to my mom's family reunion for the weekend then to their house until next Friday.  I was trying to pack her tonight.  Every time I asked if she wanted to pack something she would say "I'm not going so I don't have to pack."  I said well I am practicing packing.  Her response was "ok but it will be your responsibility to put it all up."  So, I would say "do you want to pretend pack this?"  She would answer yes or no but refused to say she was going anywhere.  It makes it very hard to leave when I know she is struggling with me being gone before I even leave.  Please pray for my sweet girl and Rylan too.  10 days is a long time for mom to be away, especially when Dad isn't with them for most of that time.  Prayers for Rob too since he will be home alone.  If you live in Ada, take pity on him and invite him over for a meal.  Poor thing will probably starve with no one to cook his meals.  :)

No comments:

Post a Comment