Wednesday, July 18, 2012

It changes from one day to the next.

Since my last post, my trip to Haiti has changed about a million times in a million different ways.  Yes, I am exaggerating but it is the way we feel.  We, Cindy Hoover and myself, finally have a plan for our trip.  We are so excited to go with the expectation that little will go the way we are planning.  I was telling a friend today that isn't that one of the lessons we get to learn from this journey.  The lesson of letting go of our idea that we have control over something, anything.  Cindy and I are letting go and letting ourselves follow God and what he has planned for us on the trip.

We leave on Sunday.  She will fly from OKC and I will fly from DFW.  We will meet in Florida and fly onto Port au Prince.  Our I600 appointments are at 9:00 am on Monday morning at the US Embassy.  We will fly to Cap Haitien on Tuesday morning.  We were told that our cases will be heard in Cap Haitien instead of PaP.  Court is a little more unpredictable than PaP but really everything in this process has been unpredictable.  So, nothing new there.  We hope to go to court on Wednesday.  Notice I said hope.  We will more than likely go and sit and sweat and pray our name will be called.  If Wednesday doesn't work out, we will try again on Thursday or Friday or both days.  We will spend from Tuesday through Monday morning with our boys.  Soooooo excited about seeing them.  It has been since December that I have been to Haiti.  That is too long.  We will be staying at the CBT (preaching school) half of the time.  It is so nice there and will give us some quiet, private time together.

Prayer Requests:
>Travel to be safe, on schedule and uneventful.
>Our I600 appointment and that all our paperwork is correct and accepted.
>Our court date will happen and be quick and painless.
>Lastly but most important, pray for our time shared with Jimmy and Rishard.  We know God will bless our visit but saying goodbye will be the worst.  Every time it is harder.  Cindy and I would love to hear that we can just take them home, but that would be a miracle.  So, if you feel moved, pray for a miracle.  We wouldn't complain if God had that in mind.  :)

No comments:

Post a Comment