Saturday, February 19, 2011

M-O-M

For the past week, I have debated about how to refer to myself and Rob in our emails to Jimmy. Do I call us mom and dad or Amy and Rob? I didn't want to be pushy and make him feel uncomfortable, but I didn't want to be too reserved and for him to think I didn't want him to call us mom and dad. It is a little thing that really means so much. I mean who didn't fall in love with their children all over again when they first said momma or dada. I even discussed the subject with my mom and my friend, Jami. I prayed that God would show the right time. Well, boy did He show me quickly. I got an email today with the greeting "Hey, Mom". Hunter said he asked Jimmy how he wanted to address me. Hunter said he really liked the idea of calling me "mom". Mom! I love it.
It is also one more instance that I know God is working with everyone in this. He knows when all of these milestones need to happen. He is listening and guiding us all along the way.

1 comment:

  1. LOVE THIS! God is so good! Wonderful, wonderful! MOM!!!!!

    ReplyDelete