Monday, February 21, 2011

Process Progress

I am mailing off our packet for the home study tomorrow. They hope to come to the house in March. I will begin the dossier (a dossier is the complete packet for forms and letters we need to send to Haiti) prep tomorrow as well. Things are moving along and we are focused. The hard part will be when our part is over and we must wait on other people.
Fundraising continues also. I am baking pies and selling them. I have sold nine chocolate pies so far. If you live close and would like a pie, just let me know. I can make just about any kind. We are working on a fundraiser event so look for information on that soon. If you feel that God is leading you to help us with the fundraising you can donate through the Paypal button on the left side of the blog or donate to us directly. We appreciate all of your generosity.
Last but not least, a Jimmy update. We skyped with him last night. He was a little more talkative. We got answers besides oui. He is working on his English and said hello to us last night. I think he knows more than he is letting on but I would be the same way if he wanted me to speak in creole. He thought Kyndal was funny making silly faces in the camera. He is also looking forward to being on a soccer team. I continue to write daily and he responds frequently. I cherish those emails and read them over and over. I am so thankful for Hunter and Jillian. It makes it so much easier knowing that he is being loved and cared for. They are available to him when he needs someone. That puts my mind and heart at ease. Please pray for them as they care for the sixty children who need them so much.

1 comment:

  1. Love, love, love your hearts. We are all anxious to meet him!

    ReplyDelete